Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Tools of the Trade: Wherein I Pose a Question. . . . (Okay, Several)


How do you write? 

Do you do everything, right from the first draft, on a PC?  A Mac? An IBM Selectric?

Do you have a favorite software package?  Do you work in Word, or Scrivener? Something basic?  Or more elaborate?

Do you make your notes on legal pads?  Do you have a white board?  Do you have many?  Do you have tack boards all over your office with index cards stuck to them?

Speaking of which, do you have an office?  Do you write at home?  At Starbucks?  The park?  Where?

I'm just curious to see the range of . . . stuff . . . of, "things and supplies" (I'm wondering how many will get the reference . . . if anyone:) that other writers use.  Or maybe there isn't a range, just variations on a theme.

If you've read my profile, or this blog for that matter, you know I have a thing for fountain pens.  I occasionally wonder if I'm the only writer who enjoys the tactile sensation of pen gliding over paper.  And then I think, if I am, then Levenger would be out of business. (I love Levenger.  Anyone wants to send me a gift, you can send me a Levenger gift card.:)

I hope you'll comment!

Aniko

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog, and I'm loving it! Especially because I'm trying to finish my first book as well! Here are my answers to your ???'s...

    I write using my PC. I discovered Scrivener last year, and it's the best thing that ever happened to me as a writer! I love it! Before that I was writing in Word.

    I write notes both on paper and sometimes I keep them electronically. I don't have a whiteboard, but I'm thinking about doing it. That Or I'm going to fill my wall with 3X5 Cards. I think there' just something about seeing the story all laid out that gives a different perspective!

    I don't have an office. I do write at home, in different places. I also like writing at a local coffee shop. I find that going someplace to write gives me an immediate focus!

    Hope that helps! What about you????

    ReplyDelete